Makeup and skincare brushes are among the best cosmetic tools available. With that being said, however, they need to be cleaned regularly so you can continue using them. If you’ve never cleaned makeup and skincare brushes before but want to learn how, you’re in luck. We’ll teach you how to do just that and to store the brushes, so they dry properly.
Here is how to clean and store your makeup and skincare brushes so they’re ready to use the next time you need them:
- Use lukewarm water. Wet the bristles entirely by running the brush under the tap.
- Take makeup brush cleaner or hand soap and put a drop into your hand. Gently massage the bristles of the brush with the soap in your palm making sure they are completely saturated.
- Rinse the bristles until the water turns clear. Gently squeeze excess water out of the brush.
- Reshape the bristles so they look like they did before you cleaned the brush. That way, they’ll dry naturally and not make the brush difficult to use once it has dried.
- Allow the brush to dry completely before using it again. Sit it on a towel and make sure to flip it over so both sides dry evenly.
Clean and store your makeup and skincare brushes regularly by following the steps listed above. It helps prevent bacteria from building up on them. It keeps your face from breaking out because of the dirt and old makeup that build up on the brushes’ bristles.
The rule of thumb is to clean them at least once a week to prolong the life of the brushes. Removing all the built-up gunk on them makes it so you’re able to use them longer. You’ll be able to spread product on more evenly when the brushes are clean.