What you can do today to stop the aging process from accelerating.
If you notice a difference in the texture and appearance of your skin, it can be due to environmental factors, stress or changes in your day-to-day routine. No matter what the cause of the problem may be, it’s better to address it early on before it worsens. Your skin is in dire need of a change, and only you can initiate it. Learning what could potentially harm your skin and accelerate the aging process allows you to steer clear of the problematic issues so you can enjoy smoother, firmer, and more youthful-looking skin year-round.
Here are five things that cause your skin to age prematurely:
- The Sun. Fifteen minutes of unprotected sun exposure is what it takes to kickstart Vitamin D production in the body. Anything more than that can cause age spots, reduced elasticity, and skin with a crepe-like texture.
- A Diet Where Fruits and Vegetables are Absent. Packed full of antioxidants, these foods can significantly help your skin. If you’re used to eating fast and processed foods, it’s time to put some fresh produce on your shopping list.
- Stress. Tension in your facial muscles causes wrinkles. When you feel more relaxed, your face is, too. Try deep breathing anytime you feel stress creeping up on you.
- Lack of Sleep. Rest is restorative. It’s needed for all of the processes that take place in your body. Growth hormone is released by the pituitary gland which helps slow down the aging process significantly.
- Too Much Alcohol. The toxins in alcohol can change the appearance of the skin by affecting its texture and color. It’s also known to affect the eyes negatively. You’ll notice that people who drink too much alcohol have issues where it looks like their eyeballs are bulging.
There are many things that accelerate the aging process in the skin. By avoiding behaviors that cause undue stress to your face and body, you can avoid fine lines, wrinkles, and sunspots with greater ease. You’ll have a skincare routine in place that helps you tackle the different zones of your face so you can look and feel your best at all times.