You may accidentally be doing more harm than good.
Having a skin problem is difficult to deal with. After all, if you don’t try to treat it, the issue can worsen and cause even bigger difficulties to deal with. Using the wrong product is a problem because many can cause dry skin. In an attempt to make things better, you may find that your current skincare routine is actually harming your face and body which is exactly what you don’t want to happen.
Here are five things making your skin problems worse:
- Hot showers. Although higher temperatures of water are naturally soothing to tired muscles, they’re extremely damaging to your pores. The result is dry, itchy skin thanks to the stripping of natural oils from your face and body. You’ll be forced to use extra moisturizer to restore the moisture that you zapped out of your skin. Otherwise, you’ll find sleeping and dressing highly uncomfortable because of the fabrics rubbing against your skin.
- Not washing the makeup off your face. Dirt and bacteria breed on your face throughout the day which is why cleansing your skin before bed is important. It prevents you from pushing all the grime far into your pores. It gives your skin time to breathe, too, between makeup applications.
- Squeezing and picking at blemishes. One of the worst things you can do to inflamed skin is attacking it with your fingers. Instead, use a spot treatment that is designed for your skin type. Keep your face clean by using your favorite Derma9 cleanser. Give the pimple or blemish time to heal by treating it the way you would a cut on your body, with extreme care.
- Using the wrong skin care products. Chemical-laden products dry skin causing it to feel painfully sore. Be mindful of the ingredients you use on your body. The skin is essentially the biggest organ that you have. You’re literally coming into contact with everything that touches your body externally because of the pores that you have.
- Harsh weather conditions. Summer and winter in some parts of the country can be very damaging to the skin. Account for the weather and always err on the side of caution. Sunscreen is essential even when you’re indoors working or shopping under fluorescent lights. Make sure that the products that you use have a sun-protecting factor or can be used with sunscreen without harming your skin.
Prevent your skin problems from worsening with Derma9 products. Specially-formulated to address the different zones of your face, you can rest assured that you’re treating your skin the best you can with all-natural ingredients. If you want to maximize the effectiveness of the skincare products that you use, consider purchasing a collection because each product included complements one another.