Give the body’s largest organ the hydration it needs to stay healthy!
Your skincare routine changes with the seasons because winter, spring, summer, and fall present a new set of challenges for you. Summer, in particular, can be nasty to a person’s skin. Too much sun exposure leads to dehydration, sunburn, heatstroke, and heat exhaustion. Even if you’ve spent a majority of your life soaking up sun rays, you’re very aware that one misstep can cause you a lot of pain and grief. Rather than hide yourself away during the months of June, July, and August, why not come prepared with a few new tools and techniques for beating the heat this summer?
Here are five super easy ways to refresh your skin throughout the hottest months of the year:
- Hydrate from the inside out. Avoid consuming drying substances such as caffeine and alcohol. Instead, make your own fruit and herb infused water to drink so you get a healthy dose of vitamins along with the H2O.
- Dry brush as a way to stimulate the lymphatic system. Move the lymphatic fluid around so it can be flushed out of the body. Invest in a soft bristled brush with a long handle so you can reach your back and calves easily.
- Apply an all-natural moisturizer after using a gentle exfoliating cleanser. Our products are made from substances you can pronounce. They’re gentle on the skin and very refreshing.
- Create a facial mist using spring or distilled water and your favorite essential oils. You can experiment with ingredients to see which options your body responds to best. A quick mist on your face can help restore moisture to your skin when you’re outside in the hot sun.
- Invest in a humidifier for your bedroom. Put moisture back into the air while you sleep. A dry environment wreaks havoc on your skin.
Hydrate your skin by giving it what it needs during the hottest months of the year—moisture! You’ve got a myriad of options to choose from that cool you down without disrupting the delicate pH balance of your body. The next time you feel overly hot, select a suggestion from the list and give it a try. Take note of how better you feel instantly for doing so.