Using natural beauty products that are produced using sustainable practices just makes sense. Why? It’s good for the environment, of course. And it’s better for you and your skin. That’s because plant-based products offer unique properties that can come from the very building blocks of life itself, such as regeneration, hydration, healing and firming.
Of course, there are a lot of products out there that claim that they’re organic, all-natural and green. So how do you tell the real ones from the fakes?
Here’s what makes a product natural:
- Each ingredient is considered non-toxic or minimally toxic
- All ingredients are created using environmentally sound practices
- The water used on the farm in which ingredients are grown is organic
- Any water that’s added to products later is organic
- The main ingredient or ingredients have to be agriculturally based
- No petroleum
Ingredients to Avoid:
· Artificial fragrances and colors
· Propylene glycol
· Mineral oil
· PVP/VA Copolymer
· Sodium lauryl sulfate
· Diethanolamine (DEA)
A good rule of thumb: if you can't say it, don't buy it.